Producer Version 7 is a paid upgrade from previous versions of Producer.
There are still three different license levels for Producer:
- For new users of Producer, here is the pricing for the three levels of Producer:
- Producer, Free Trial - Free
- Producer Studio - $299
- Producer Pro - $549
If you currently own Producer Pro 2-4, the equivalent new license level is Producer Studio 7. If you currently own Producer Studio 2-4, the equivalent new license level is Producer Pro 7.
- If you currently have a licensed copy of Producer 2-4 Pro or Producer 2-4 Studio, here is the upgrade pricing:
- Producer Pro 2-4 to Producer Studio 7 - $99
- Producer Pro 2-4 to Producer Pro 7 - $299
- Producer Studio 2-4 to Producer Pro 7 - $179
- If you currently have a licensed copy of Producer 5 or 6, Pro or Studio edition, here is the upgrade pricing:
- Producer Studio 5-6 to Producer Studio 7 - $99
- Producer Studio 5-6 to Producer Pro 7 - $299
- Producer Pro 5-6 to Producer Pro 7 - $179
To upgrade to the new version of Producer from an existing licensed Producer version, please follow these steps:
Note: you must install version 7 on the same computer that you have version 2-6 installed on. You can later unlicense and move to a different computer, but for the initial upgrade, it must be on the same computer. If you want to upgrade to Producer Pro 7 and upgraded earlier to Producer Studio 7, or are already on it, the cost to upgrade from Studio to Pro is $250.
- Visit the Producer download page and download the free version for Mac
- Double click the DMG file to open the disk image.
- A window will open showing the Application icon and an alias of your Applications folder.
- Drag the application icon on top of the application folder alias.
- It will ask you if you want to replace your existing version. If you want to, just click replace.
- If you want to keep both versions on your computer, do the following. Create a new folder inside your Applications folder and label it Ustream Producer 7. Drag the Application icon from the disk image into that folder.
- Double-click the Application icon to launch the program
- When the program opens, log in to your Ustream account.
- From the Ustream Producer menu, choose Preferences to open the preferences Window
- Click Licenses
- Click Upgrade
- Visit the Producer download page and download the free version for Windows
- Uninstall the previous Producer version by going to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program
- Click on Ustream Producer and click Uninstall
- Run the installer (.exe) program and follow the instructions provided.
- Agree to the license terms and follow the instructions displayed by the installer program
- The installer will create a shortcut to the program on your desktop. Double-click the Program icon to launch Ustream Producer.
- Once the program opens, log in to your Ustream account.
- Go to File > Preferences to open the Preferences window.
- Click on Licenses
- Click Upgrade