Producer Version 6 is a paid upgrade from Producer Version 2.
There are still 3 different license levels for Producer, but the $549 license level is now called Pro (previously called Studio) and the $279 license level is now called Studio (previously called Pro).
- For new users of Producer, here is the pricing for the 3 levels of Producer
- Producer, Free Trial - Free
- Producer Studio - $279
- Producer Pro - $549
- If you currently have a licensed copy of Producer 2 Pro or Producer 2 Studio, here is the upgrade pricing
- Producer Pro 2 to Producer Studio 6 - $79
- Producer Pro 2 to Producer Pro 6 - $270
- Producer Studio 2 to Producer Pro 6 - $169
If you currently own Producer Pro 2, the equivalent new license level is Producer Studio 6. If you currently own Producer Studio, the equivalent new license level is Producer Pro 6.
To upgrade to the new version of Producer from an existing licensed Producer version, please follow these steps:
Note: you must install version 6 on the same computer that you have version 2 installed on. You can later unlicense and move to a different computer, but for the initial upgrade, it must be on the same computer.
- Visit the Producer download page and download the free version for Mac
- Double click the DMG file to open the disk image.
- A window will open showing the Application icon and an alias of your Applications folder.
- Drag the application icon on top of the application folder alias.
- It will ask you if you want to replace your existing version. If you want to, just click replace.
- If you want to keep both versions on your computer, do the following. Create a new folder inside your Applications folder and label it Ustream Producer 6. Drag the Application icon from the disk image into that folder.
- Double-click the Application icon to launch the program
- When the program opens, log in to your Ustream account.
- From the Ustream Producer menu, choose Preferences to open the preferences Window
- Click Licenses
- Click Upgrade
- Visit the Producer download page and download the free version for Windows
- Uninstall the previous Producer version by going to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program
- Click on Ustream Producer and click Uninstall
- Run the installer (.exe) program and follow the instructions provided.
- Agree to the license terms and follow the instructions displayed by the installer program
- The installer will create a shortcut to the program on your desktop. Double-click the Program icon to launch Ustream Producer.
- Once the program opens, log in to your Ustream account.
- Go to File > Preferences to open the Preferences window.
- Click on Licenses
- Click Upgrade